Hello interwebs universe, oh how I have missed the occasional blog...
So remember how I was going to blog about my weight loss journey until the fella and my big trip to Paris and London? Yeah, me too. Sorry about that. A little thing called life got in the way. To bring everyone up to speed, this is what happened.
Last May I started a new job at a fantastic company. I was so happy and excited to finally be at a job where I felt like I can make a difference and have a career. A plus to my new job (that I thought only existed in movies...) was that they would happily provide us with food for a job well done or for completing our goals. Now, I don't know about you, but who's going to turn down a free meal? Especially when you've forgotten your lunch and the 30 minutes allotted for lunch don't get you very far. So bring on the pizza, chinese food, sandwiches complete with sides of macaroni salad and ice cream sandwiches.
The fella and I did go to France and London in July. We were lucky enough to see the gorgeous wedding of my cousin Hannah and her new husband Cedric as well as staying at this amaze-balls chateau. All throughout France and England we ate real food. The most amazing cheeses and wines you can imagine in Provence. Fresh baguettes and succulent meats in Paris were so worth it and worth the walking we did to burn them off. London, being somewhat of a second home to me, was full of ales, pies, and chips (fries). I learned a new way to eat when I was overseas. Even though we were eating high calorie foods, they were still fresh and we were only eating small meals all through the day with plenty of water for walking in the hot summer sun. It was a welcome sight when I stepped on the scale upon our return to see that I hadn't gained a pound. not even a little bit. And I was completely satisfied the entire trip.
The past summer was full of the usual summer get together, barbeques, and parties. To be 100% honest, I don't think I tracked my WW points more than 3 times this past summer. The scale was going up and I was not happy about it. Thing is, I wasn't doing anything to change it. I didn't feel like I had regained all of the weight I had lost, I felt like me. Just Kelly.
In November I had surgery to have my gallbladder removed. If you want to know pain (why would you? well if you're into that kind of thing...) just get some gallstones. Those little suckers are the worst pain I have ever felt and don't wish that upon my worst enemy. After recovering from 2 surgeries in 2 days, I have been lazy, had no energy, and continued to gain.
That brings us to now. Here I am, at my starting weight again and finally feel like I can do this. Will everyday be perfect? Not even a little, but I know that with some determination and inspiration from some good friends all over the world, Ill be just fine.Like one of my favorite quotes: A goal without a plan is just a wish. I have a plan. I have an arsenal of ww tools as well as a gym and I have me. My strength and knowing that I've done it before, I can do it again. One day at a time...
Hello my friend! Your determination is infectious. I too have started WW. I am on day 3 of this journey. I haven't decided if I'll blog my ups and downs yet but keep up your blogs so I have something to read! ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteHello my love! I am so happy we are doing this together! I'm here for any help I can offer. : ) Miss you! x
ReplyDelete